Stairs









Let's talk a little about this stairs. I just love it. This is by far the best suggestion by Ian. The initial stairs has 2 landing and took up a lot of space. Only minimal lighting from the roof was able to reach ground floor. By changing to this straight line stairs (don't know what to call it), abundance of light is able to penetrate ground floor. Not only that it is bright, it took up lesser space. Ian did mention something about feng shui. I told him not to worry about it and proceed. I wanted this even if the sky comes tumbling down! I did, however, work my brains to find an alternative placement for the door. Took me a while but I managed to come back to Ian the next day. Case settled! 

The stairs actually gives me a storeroom which I so badly needed. I initially wanted to use wood for the stairs wall. Due to cost concerns (was quoted Rm 4800 just for walls with no cabinets! ), I have to stick with brick wall. It does set me back at about RM 1800. Sigh....every brick is considered gold nowadays! Sometimes, I really wonder if all these are worth it. 







The railing has not been installed but I believe this will be the most beautiful feature. 



Comments